Thursday 12 November 2009

'The Carter' documentary

I just saw the trailer for the Lil' Wayne documentary The Carter and I must admit, I am actually really looking forward to seeing this film. I am not a very Lil' Wayne fan. In fact, I can count on one hand the amount of songs I actually like but I read an interview with him in Rolling Stone recently and he is one fascinating guy.

He completely cuts himself off from society, is addicted to cough syrup and apparently has a guy who rolls joints for him so that he can smoke weed all day. How he gets anything done is an absolute mystery to me. But that's what makes him even more fascinating. He has a work ethic like no other artist in the world. He has made 100s of tracks in the little time that he has been in the entertainment industry and apparently records new ones every day.

The day his album went platinum everyone else was drinking champagne and celebrating while he was in the tour bus recording. By the time they went back to the bus he had already made four new songs. He is like a bloody machine.

I can't figure out if he is just trying to make as much money as possible or if he is afraid that if he takes a rest he will lose his momentum and run out of fresh ideas. The man is an enigma.

Oh well, the trailer looks promising - if slightly worrying at the same time.




No comments: