Thursday 12 November 2009

Camera Obscura Interview on Huck Magazine



I recently got the chance to interview one of my favourite bands, Camera Obscura, before their show at the Shepherd's Bush Empire in London. Lead singer Traceyanne Campbell has not had the most pleasant relationship with music press over the years and I thought the interview was doomed when the first thing she said to me was: "I am thinking of not doing these (interviews) any more."

She argued with a few of the things I said throughout our discussion but on the whole I found her to by quite pleasant - if a little defensive.

After the interview was over, Traceyanne and Carey were nice enough to help me get out of the maze that is the backstage area of the Empire and they were quite chatty in the process.

To read the interview click HERE.

Here is the video for their latest single The Sweetest Thing.

No comments: