Thursday 12 November 2009

13thWitness

13thWitness is a journalist and video editor for an online streetwear/ culture magazine that I only discovered recently but I love his work. He has a really nice editing style that I always appreciate due to my years spent watching skate video. Below are two of my favourite videos made by the New York local.

The NYC HandBallers from 13thWitness™ on Vimeo.



I have heard of handball before but I have never seen it portrayed in such a fashionable way. The breakbeat jazz soundtrack over the slick glimpses of the players in action really does make the sport look appealing. Companies should get this guy to make their brand promos. He can make pretty much anything look cool.

Escape From Tomorrow (A Day In the Life With Nigel Sylvester) from 13thWitness™ on Vimeo.



This next video follows a day in the life of freestyle BMX rider Nigel Sylvester and the 13thWitness signature style is at work again. Brief shots to maintain your interest and another great breakbeat jazz score that just fits perfectly with the footage. I have no interest in BMXing whatsoever but this edit had my undivided attention for the duration.

No comments: