Sunday 11 October 2009

Now writing for Huck Magazine




It has been an exciting month for this baldy adventurer. I have been working on some interviews for The Skinny, got invited to write for The List and tomorrow I will be starting work as an intern for Huck Magazine.

For those of you not acquainted with the publication, Huck Magazine is a pop culture magazine that focuses on music, skateboarding, surfing and snowboarding. Although I come from a rollerblading background, the principles are generally the same: The main focus is the icons of the relative sports that display progressive attributes and inspire the minds of their young followers. I have always been a fan of surfing and skateboarding so this will be a chance to learn more about cultures that share many similarities with rollerblading. I will also get the chance to feature artists that I think are pushing the boundaries of contemporary music.

I am a little nervous, which is natural with any new job, but I am very excited about working with like minded people and researching some fascinating topics. Bring it on.

If you would like to read the current issue of Huck Magazine online, click HERE

The latest issue features interviews with Mos Def and skateboarding poster boy Ryan Sheckler.

No comments: