Monday 6 October 2008

Dan Leifeld isn't impressed...

In response to my latest Be-mag article, Dan Leifeld found it appropriate to email me personally for a little bit of internet fisticuffs.

A little misinformed slice of your Say Word 3 attempt. Are you so overzealous with your new Be-mag publishing privilege that you regard it as your duty to send out attacks within our small industry? I'm sure things look different in Glasglow, but here in Saint Louis it just looks like post grom jealousy. A failure to amount to something substantial by a certain age, built up angst, and feeding into a personal vent. There is a difference between blogs, and Be-mag. And your Say Word 3 review didn't say a lot about the video, but it said worlds about you.





I always find it really funny when people get angry and decide to contact me personally just to say so. Don't they realised that by getting in touch they are simply flattering me by showing that something I have written has had an effect? It doesn't matter if its positive or negative. It worked. It provoked a reaction and made someone take action. Mr. Leifeld, I'm sorry if you dont like me or my views. Actually, I'm not. I don't care... but clearly you do.

Ps. It's spelled Glasgow. I've never been to "Glasglow."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So did he actual go into detail about what he was unhappy with?

Your review style reminded me of some online articles I've seen on timesonline.co.uk

Well done

David McNamara said...

He thought I was being a dick to all the people who are making skate videos.... He was right. I am. Many of them are not doing a good job and they're making our sport look bad. Why should I spare them criticism for fear of causing offense?

richgoldstein13 said...

You can't take criticism from an American too seriously, most of the time we're just punching at the keyboard and it's only on the rare occasion that our actions produce semi-literate words.

David McNamara said...

Patriotic as always Richie!